Sunday, May 11, 2008

First Mother's Day

Today was my first Mother's Day as a mother. I spent it hanging out with Kris and Wayne and Stian.





Kris got me a really special Mother's Day gift. He commissioned a necklace from an artist in Wales, Hannah Salomon, whose jewelry company is called Kutuu. This is someone Karin has worked with before, and I've drooled over her work since Karin showed me her website. I love the necklace, I think it's gorgeous. Here I am all excited when I realize he's gotten me something from Kutuu.



And here it is (the lighting in this picture is pretty awful):



And can you see Stian's birthday in the leaves of the branch?



I love my necklace. It was a really nice first Mother's Day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jeni - what a wonerful first Mother's Day you had! I hope they will all be as beautiful as this one.

And Kris, - I have never seen a more loving Mother's Day gift than the one you gave Jeni today.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like it Jeni! It looks great on you! Sounds like you had a lovely first Mother's Day. :)

laurafingerson said...

WOW!!!!!! How beauuuuuuutiful and special! Kris rocks and you SUPER rock for being such an amazing mom to Stian. Happy 1st Mother's Day, Jeni!! YAY!!!