Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Dame Tove

On Saturday I flew off to Memphis to visit with my good friends from grad school for four nights and left Stian and Kris in the Cities. This was the first time I'd been away from Stian overnight. We were a little worried how it would go, but it went great. I think we both missed each other, but Stian didn't give Kris a hard time at all, which was very nice. I imagine it helped to have Grandma, Grandpa and Auntie Karin around to help entertain and distract him.

So while I flew off to Memphis, Kris, Stian and Grandma went up to Skogfjorden. Our friend and dean of the camp, Tove, was being knighted for her service to Norway and they had a celebration at camp. I wish I could have gone along as I love any excuse to head to camp and to see friends up there, but my trip to Memphis had been planned long before I heard about this. So Kris, Stian and Grandma drove up to Bemidji and back on Saturday. Stian did great on the trip. And the trip was especially fun for Kris as the staff at Skogfjorden all sang a song he wrote as part of the ceremony.









A friend of ours, Eva, just posted this picture on facebook, so I thought I would add it too:

No comments: