Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Napping and bottles

Kris is in the other room trying really hard to get Stian to take a bottle. It doesn't sound like it's going very well, although there isn't as much crying as last night. I just hear Kris doing lots of encouraging. He's using the Dr. Brown's bottle and milk from this morning. But Stian doesn't seem to even try with the bottle. He doesn't try to suck on it, he just mouths it. So that makes me believe the problem is not the bottle or the milk, he just doesn't want a bottle - any bottle. But we will keep trying.

As for the napping thing. He napped for about two hours this morning. He often does this nap okay. Kris gets him up and changes his diaper and plays with him for a little while in the morning sometime between 7:00 and 8:00 and then brings him to me when he's ready to nurse. I nurse him, swaddle him and put him in his swing, where he usually sleeps for anywhere between 1 to 3 hours. But the last few days he was only sleeping for another half hour. So I was happy he slept for two hours this morning. For his second nap I took my laptop and camped out in his room with him. Thinking I would catch him stirring nad coax him back to sleep. But I guess I wasn't paying enough attention because I looked up after he had been asleep for 20 minutes and his eyes were wide open looking around the room. I tried, but there was no getting him back to sleep at that point. So for the second nap I watched a little more closely and he started to wake up after 25 minutes and I shushed him and he fell back asleep for 10 minutes. But then he woke up and there was no getting him back to sleep. But that was 10 more minutes! So I'll just have to keep trying with that too.

Kris came in here to hang out with me while trying to get Stian to take the bottle. He switched back to the Avent bottle since it didn't seem to be making any difference and Stian used to like the Avent ones just fine.



Now there's lots of crying going on. Oy. This has got to be hard on Kris, he gets to spend so little time with him, and he has to deal with this for a lot of it. Come on Stian, little guy, just take the bottle!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking he looks pretty pleased with himself!