Monday, March 31, 2008

Now that's a big baby!

Stian had his 4 month appointment today, and as suspected he's a big baby! He weighs 18 pounds 12 ounces, which puts him in the 97.7th percentile. He's 25 3/4 inches long, 70th percentile. And his head circumference was 45 cm, 97.7th percentile. So yep, big baby!

I asked the doctor if he was getting too chubby, and he said nope, it's totally normal. I guess it's pretty common for breastfed babies to be quite chunky early on, and as they get older they start slimming down. So we shall see. But I'm glad he's not concerned.

He did really well at his appointment. He has his next set of vaccinations and he did better this time. But the nurse was better this time too. The last nurse was nice and all, but this nurse was nice and super fast, and I think the helped. Stian still cried, but not for very long, and I didn't cry at all this time. ;)

He came home and took a long nap - almost 3 hours. And then when he woke up he was quite fussy. I don't know what's wrong, he seems sad. So maybe his legs hurt. So I've been carrying him around in his mai tai (I don't have a picture of him in it, but I got a Baby Hawk Mai Tai) for about 45 minutes trying to clean house. But man he's a big baby to be carrying around like that. He's too little to carry around on my back in the mai tai, unfortunately, because I think that'd be easier on my back! So I finally had to take him out of it. He seems a little happier now, but still fussy. Poor little guy. I think he'll be going to bed early tonight.

No comments: