Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fun in the Rain

We had a light rain last night, but Stian wanted to go out and investigate the large pile of mulch we had delivered and Kris wanted to get started spreading the large pile of mulch. So out they went. Stian thought the mulch was quite funny and quite fun to climb on. (the pictures aren't very good, for some reason they kept getting overexposed)





A little while later I went out to pick some rhubarb to make muffins. I was behind the garage and couldn't see what he was doing, but he was talking to me - chatting away about the mulch and his stick. One of the things he said to me was "I'm giving my shoes a bath, Mommy." But I was only half paying attention to him. He told me a couple of times he was giving his shoes a bath, and I just kept picking rhubrarb. I probably should have realized what he was up to, but didn't. Sure enough, he was standing in a bin of about 5 inches of water - with his shoes on, because I hadn't put his rainboots on him before he went out.

He was quite wet and quite filthy after these little adventures.

Then Kris came in to collect the garbage in the house, because it was garbage night, and on his way in he asked Stian if he'd take out the garbage in the garbage can in the garage. I'm not really sure if Kris thought he would actually do it, but he did. He took the can out to the curb. Actually, he took it all the way to the mailbox, because that's where he thought it should go. So I guess he has real "chores" now.

Kris dumped him in the bath after that - he was kind of a mess!





1 comment:

Grandma Loftus said...

He's getting dirty and wet and having fun -- and that is just exactly what a 2 and a half year old boy is supposed to do!! And chores!! I say - might as well get started while he still thinks it's fun!! Maybe he will decide he just likes helping out and being a part of the family!!