Sunday, October 24, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa come to visit

My parents came to visit two weekends ago and I've been remiss in posting about it. But now pictures are starting to pile up on me, so I better get to it before I get too overwelmed! So here you go!

We had a really nice weekend. Stain loved playing with his Grandma and talking both his Grandma and Grandpa's ears off. And for some odd reason the word of the weekend was "perfume!", which was yelled randomly and then laughed about hysterically. Aw the humor of an almost three year old.

Speaking of being almost three, Stian turns three at Thanksgiving, so my folks brought his bigger birthday present down with them. This was he has more time to play with it before the snow flies (though I'm sure he'll be out playing with it all winter too) and we don't have to try to get it into our car - which is usually rather full - on the way home from Thanksgiving.

It's a Plasma Car - you operate it by turning the sterring wheel back and forth and that makes it go forward. We had a bit of hard time geting it to work, but Stian doesn't mind, for now he's happy to just push along with his feet. (Incidentally Kris's sister, her husband and their 12 year old son were here this weekend - I'll get to that post eventually - and Klebo, the 12 year old, had no problems getting it to work. Thought you'd be happy to know that Grandma! It's not the driveway, it was user error!)





We also went to the pumpkin patch while they were here. It was unseasonably warm that weekend, in the upper 80s, so it was not really what you think of as pumpkin patch weather, but it was still nice, and we got some good pumpkins.

We did other stuff too, but Kris and I were bad about getting out the camera while they were here, so this is all we have pictures of.















1 comment:

Grandma Loftus said...

Poor old workhouse grandma looks like a slave! Now I know why Kris doesn't like my hat!!