Friday, July 13, 2012

Mmmm

Gelato!





Silje is a fan. We stopped at YoLo, a local frozen yogurt and gelato place this afternoon after getting Silje's new glasses (her old ones were broken for quite awhile, but we kept using them until we finally had time to go get the lenses transferred to the new frames. These frames are exactly the same, except they are a different color. I like the other color better, but those were back ordered until September). We all opted for the gelato over the frozen yogurt. Stian had grasshopper flavor, Kris had coconut and I had both salted caramel and key lime pie in the same bowl. Yum! Silje had some of all of ours, but really liked sharing mine with me as I let her use her own little gelato paddle thingy and dig in. I think she liked the key lime best. Though she seemed to like all of it.

She has made huge strides this week in eating table food. It was just last Saturday that I gave her Cheerios, and tonight she had scrambled eggs, toast, tater tots and watermelon. And of course gelato earlier in the day.

2 comments:

Grandma Loftus said...

That's my girl!!

Grandma Loftus said...

I suppose the gelato is two blocks from your house too!! Maybe you better start on that guest house before you finish unpacking!

You do NOT know how much I miss you and those little ones!!