Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Images

The kids are still off of school. Yesterday we walked over to the zoo (about two blocks) and spent several hours there. Then we came home, had lunch and naps, and then headed out on a long bike ride. We've been going on a lot of long bike rides. Mostly Kris and Stian bike and I walk and push Silje in the stroller. We have taken the bike trailer out once, but it's hard to negotiate on the old, narrow, bumpy sidewalks.

Anyway, on our bike ride yesterday I thought to take some pictures to show some of what we see regularly. I didn't think to take the camera out until the ride was half over, however. We took a ride through the park, they have these really nice, wide, paved trails that run through the woods, so we took one of those across the park. Then we crossed a busy road, walked past Rhodes College and over to the kids' school to play on the playground. They have a nice, shady playground.

This is their new school:















Then we biked home from there. We didn't go back through the park, but went around the west side of the park back to our house. Here you can see Kris and Stian biking along a fairly busy road. There is a bike lane, which is great. But I don't trust Stian to ride in the bike lane yet, he has a tendency to wander while he bikes.



Crossing the busy road to get back into our neighborhood. Look at the fancy gate type things! We live a block and a half from these. Down one black, turn right and down a half block. Right by these gates are some really huge, old homes. Two of them are for sale right now, I think one is like $800,000 and the other is a million. Stian wanted to know why we hadn't bought one of those!



This our street. We T into the street with the very expensive homes, so they are behind me in this picture.



And home sweet home. Not a million dollar home, but still quite nice. It's cuter on the inside than the out. We need to figure out what to do to give it more curb appeal. But first we need to finish unpacking the 4 million boxes that are still waiting to be unpacked inside!



The bike ride/walk was 2.5 miles - I have a nifty new app for my iphone that will map your route for you and tell you how far you went.

2 comments:

Grandma Loftus said...

Looks like you had a good day. The kids' school looks very nice - I'm sure they will be happy there. And I think your house has great curb appeal! Maybe a few pots of bright colored plants would be enough to brighten it up for you - but I think it's quite lovely as it is.

Love, Mom

laurafingerson said...

Wow!! I love seeing what you are doing, what your neighborhood is like, what you are seeing, and what your house looks like in real life. I can't imagine the adjustment for you and your entire family. But boy is it a pretty place to make that adjustment. I can't wait to see your stuff inside the house! (Not that I am pitching an idea for a blog entry or anything.....)