Sunday, October 21, 2007

NASA

So, yeah, I'm a little obsessesed with the weather. For my birthday Chris and Betsy got me the coolest John Deere weather station. It tells you the indoor and outdoor temperature, the barometric pressure, the indoor and outdoor humidity, the rainfall, the forecast, and most importantly, the windspeed. It gets very, very windy out at our house, and we are always wanting to know what the windspeed is. And now we'll know!

We finally got around to setting the weather station up today. It looks a little like NASA has an installation in our front yard. But I'm quite excited about it.

Look! It's telling us the windspeed is 15.4 miles per hour coming out of the Southwest!

2 comments:

laurafingerson said...

Wow, that's just like ours! But ours, although identical in all other respects, isn't all cool and green with John Deere written on it! I agree, we look pretty space-age with all the equipment outside in our yard and on our house. The weather station is soooooo cool!

Jeni said...

I didn't know you had one. It's been quite entertaining already. But I wish it was windier today (and I never say that!) so I could watch the wind gusts! :)

I just wish the outside part was green and had "John Deere" written on it, so my neighbor Dave would be all jealous! ;)