Saturday, June 28, 2008

Holiday Ro-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-oad...

We're on our first family road trip. We feel like such a family with a kid and a couple of dogs in a station wagon with a whopper topper driving cross country.

We drove from Battle Ground to Spooner on Thursday, that's just over 500 miles. Stian was a real trooper in the car. I really didn't know how he would do, but he did great. There was some fussing, but for the most part he just sat back there and babbled and played with his toys. He hardly slept at all, which surprised me.



We stopped at a rest stop just over the Illinois border in Wisconsin and took a break. Stian had some lunch - carrots, his current favorite - and laid on a blanket in the grass for awhile.





And of course he had to take his picture taken with the giant orange moose in Black River Falls (at least I'm pretty sure that was Black River Falls).



We spent that night at my parents' house in Spooner to drop off the dogs. He slept quite well in the old portacrib my parents set up for him. He woke up prett frequently in the night, but went back to sleep quickly. I kind of think he tummy was bothering him. But again, he did better than I though he would. I thought he wouldn't like sleeping some place new, but he handled it just fine.

No comments: