Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sleep Training Day Seven

And a few more steps back. Are we back to where we started now?

I don't think I'll keep posting these. We're not making progress anymore, and there isn't much point in posting these just so we can keep track of how little sleep Stian and I are getting. It's a good thing I've got an appointment with my chiropractor this afternoon.

7:05 am – Kris gets Stian up for the day
8:00 am – Kris brings Stian to me, nurse, play
8:55 am – begin nap routine
9:05 am – into crib awake
9:10 am – asleep
10:25 am – awake
10:40 pm – asleep again?
10:55 pm – awake
11:05 pm – asleep again?
11:15 am – crying – I think he somehow banged his head in the crib. Go get him up, diaper change, sweet potatoes, rice cereal, nurse and playtime (we go for a long walk, and he sleeps for part of it)
1:35 pm – begin nap routine
1:45 pm – into crib awake
2:05 pm – asleep
3:30 pm – fussing then crying (rolled onto his tummy and couldn’t get back), get him up, nurse, change diaper, play time
5:45 pm – rice cereal, nurse, play time
7:10 pm – begin night time routine
7:45 pm – into crib asleep
9:45 pm – crying, PU/PD once – notice his pjs are wet, so take him to change his diaper. Put him back in his crib and talk soothingly to him for a minute and leave, he goes back to sleep.
12:12 pm – crying, nurse, back into crib awake, but he falls asleep quickly
1:45 am – crying, I go to sooth him and he smells like he needs a fresh diaper, so I take him to change him, turns out he didn’t. Put him back into his crib awake, he turns on soother and goes back to sleep
4:36 am – crying, PU/PD 3 times
5:10 am – fussing, calms self, more fussing, more calming self
5:20 am – crying, calms to voice and touch
5:28-6:45 am – crying, PU/PD 50 times. I finally give up getting him back to sleep and Kris gets him up for the day.

Amount of sleep in the last 24 hours:
Stian: about 11 hours
Mommy: about 5 hours

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds a like you both had a rough time. Wish I had a great suggestion that I knew would help - but I don't. You both must be exhausted - especially you, since I'm sure he is working in some naps that you don't get to take.

Love you both!

laurafingerson said...

You're definitely not back to where you started! Stian is indeed sleeping in his crib and he is soothing himself. It takes a while to change habits and although it has been a long week, it has been just a week. Traveling might help since it will get him out of his routine. I just wish there was something we could do to help! It is SO much for you to do by yourself, but of course, that is how it is for now. It will get better. "This too, shall pass!" I promise!