Sunday, June 3, 2012

Daddy Came!

Kris came up for the weekend. He was missing his family and his family was missing him. The kids were so cute, they were so happy to see him. I was worried that Silje wouldn't want much to do with him, but it was the opposite, she just wanted him to hold her, no one else. Not even Mommy (she's very much a Mommy's girl - she won't let Grandma or Grandpa hold her). And Stian had to tell him everything and show him everything.

He got here in Friday evening right after dinner. On Saturday we started the day with a bear sighting! In all the years I've been coming here I've never actually seen a bear here, though I know they are here and my parents have seen them. This one we saw on our way into town, right by my parents' mailbox. Unfortunately the good camera was in the back of the car, but Kris had his iphone handy. We were quite close to him/her and stopped the car and watched him/her for awhile. Kris got a long video, but by the time he decided to get a still shot the bear was done with us.



Next we went into town to show Daddy Stian's t-ball field and they pretended to play some baseball.



















Next we went into town for the Family Fun Festival. Stian liked the street hockey area the best. He was really into it.









And then in the afternoon we had a nice boat ride.























Kris had to leave after lunch today. We were all sorry to see him go. Perhaps me most of all. It has been challenging taking care of these two kids by myself. My parents are doing what they can to help, but the kids aren't letting them help all that much. Stian has always had a challenging personality, but typically he isn't this difficult. For some reason he seems to be on his worst behavior right now, which is wearing me out. But Kris will be back on Saturday, and this time he's staying for the week! Yay! We'll be here for a day and then head over to the Cities for the rest of the time.

2 comments:

laurafingerson said...

Maybe we'll sleep in your basement after all?!!

That is great that Kris came up! And yes, sad to see him go. :(

Charlene said...

So glad Daddy made it up to see all of you and that Silje was glad to see him. I'm sure you've got your hands full, but my mantra is,"I'm tough for a girl". You're doing fine. We looked all over the Smokey Mts. for a bear last week, no luck for us.