Monday, June 25, 2012

Fisherman

The first words out of Stian's mouth this morning were "Mommy, I've decided what I'm going to be when I grow up: a fisherman." (obviously he hasn't watched World's Deadliest Catch) So my mom and I decided today was a good day to swing my the fish hatchery in Spooner. Despite the fact that the place was deserted and there wasn't much to see as all of the fish have already hatched for the year, Stian found the place fascinating. We spent a surprising amount of time there.









After rest time (Stian has pretty much given up his naps now, but I'm still insisting on a nap time for my own sanity) Stian asked Grandpa to take him fishing.

He caught two fish within the first 5 minutes, one was a sunfish the other a large mouthed bass.







Then they ran out of leaches. They didn't have nearly as good of luck with worms. So Grandma taught him to cast for awhile with just a weight on a fishing pole, and that was fun. But then Grandpa and Stian ran up to the store to get some more leaches. They fished some more, but didn't have any more luck.







So we decided to get out the remote control boat, which is always much fun.





And then later this evening he became a super hero. I can't remember what name he finally settled on for himself, but one of his superpowers was that he could shoot electricity from his teeth. And I do remember that he said Kris was Bug Propellant Boy. I think he meant Bug Repellent Boy, but I like Bug Propellant Boy better.



No comments: