Thursday, April 17, 2008

Busy Week

(I wrote this last night, but Blogger was having issues, so I couldn't post until this morning)

We're having a very busy week this week. Well, for us anyway. On Monday Stian and I went to a local moms' group meeting at the library. Stian loved it. He laughed and smiled and kicked and just seemed to have fun sitting in my lap watching all of the kids running around and playing. On Tuesday Stian and Kris came to my doctor's appointment with me (just my allergist, nothing exciting, although my asthma seems to have disappeared, which is awfully nice). On Wednesday we went with the local moms' group to feed the ducks at the park. Stian and I didn't actually feed any ducks (which is just as well, as there were like 15 kids and about 6 ducks, there was lots and lots of bread just floating in the water after awhile), but again Stian seemed to get a kick out of watching the other kids. Today I had a dissertation defense I had to be at, so Stian went and hung out with Kris at his work for a couple of hours. And tomorrow we have a lunch out with the local moms' group ay my favorite local Thai restaurant.

The moms' group is pretty neat. It has about 100 members, so it's not always the same people that show up at everything. And they have probably 4-6 activities going on each week. A lot of them are activities that are too old for Stian. For instance next week I think one of the activities planned is a behind the scenes tour of a local supermarket and then decorating cookies in the bakery. Sounds like lots of fun, but obviously Stian is too young for it. I've only been to three activities now, but I think it'll be nice to have things for Stian and I to go do. And he sure seems to like being around other kids.

This evening Stian sat in his high chair and watched us make dinner. He looks like he actually fits in his high chair these days.



After dinner we went for a walk. Notice his bare feet! Notice the green grass! The radio said it was 78 degrees here today! Wow!



We went and looked at the eagles. They are nesting right by us again this year. It's neat to watch them.



We also met our new neighbors who were also out for a walk. Kris had met the woman before, but I hadn't. It's a couple with two young sons, one is 3, the other is 9 months. They seemed quite nice.

3 comments:

laurafingerson said...

Wow, what news! Awesome about the mom's group being so fun! I think it is *so* nice to get out and I can imagine Stian was totally interested in everything given how interested he was when we were visiting. And, it looks like the snugli is working! :) Bare feet. Ahhhhhh. Next time we'll come visit at the end of April! (This whole being sick is driving me crazy because I can't get out like I usually do!) Cool about the new neighbors having kids near Stian's age. How cool! Enjoy the Thai! :)

laurafingerson said...

I have to add -- Sunniva is on my lap looking at the blog. She always liked looking at the photos on your blog, but now that she has just visited, she *loves* it! Baby Stian! Baby Stian's house! Jeni! Kris! Morri! Toop!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you really did have a busy week! I'm so glad you've found a mom's group that you like. It is good for Stian to be with other kids even though he isn't old enough to take part in the activities. Gives him something to look forward to :) And it's a nice way for you to meet other moms.