Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sleeping

Silje's sleep has gotten really bad lately. She doesn't want to go to bed until late, and then wakes up at around 3:00 in the morning and decides she is up for the day. I finally get her to go back to sleep after a few hours, just before my alarm goes off at 5:45. And she's never been much of a napper. The only way I can get her to nap is to lie down with her. I know she would love to co-sleep all the time. But I just can't sleep with her in the bed. I need all of my pillows and my down comforter to get comfortable, and I worry she'll suffocate in all of that. A friend suggested I sidecar her crib to the bed. I'd never heard of this before, but after some research decided this might just work for us. Basically you attach the crib to the side of the bed with one side off of the crib. You obviously have to be careful to make sure to attach it very securely and that there is no gap between the two for the baby to fall between. But we figured that out.

We set this up this weekend and it seems to be helping! Her sleep could still use some improvement, but at least when she wakes up in the middle of the night and wants to party I've been able to convince her to go back to sleep a little more quickly.

Here she is modeling the sidecar for the camera.

2 comments:

Grandma Loftus said...

Well she looks very comfortable there. Hope she will sleep better for you.

laurafingerson said...

Huh, that is super clever!