Monday, July 21, 2008

Grad school buddies

Every summer a few of my grad school friends and I get together for a couple of days. We hang out, commiserate about our jobs, laugh, shop, eat and give each other feedback on research we are working on. It's always so great to see them and spend time with them. And I get great feedback, which is very useful.

We rotate where we go. We live all over the country - we've been in Georgetown, TX, Sacramento, CA, and Madison, IN. This summer, so I could be involved but not have to host, we did it at Katy's in-laws' house in Crawfordsville, which is only about 50 minutes from here. So they came up here on Saturday, and I went down there on Sunday.

Unfortunately Carla couldn't make it this summer as she is buried under work and is going up for tenure this fall. Here's the rest of gang: Sandi, me, Robyn and Katy.





No comments: