Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Some old stuff

Kris found these pictures and I thought I'd put these on here just as a record.

First, here is a picture of the ambulance Silje took from Lafayette to Indianapolis. The transport team was very impressive. They came in in their black jumpsuits and were very efficient and in control. The team is made up of a doctor, an RN, a respiratory therapist and an EMT.



And here are two pictures one of the transport team members took and gave to us. She's only about 36 hours old in these pictures. They are hard to look at now, especially when you realize they probably took these pictures and gave them to us because they weren't sure she would survive the ambulance ride and wanted to be sure we had pictures of her. They are also a reminder of all that she has gone through and how far she has come.





I also am surprised by her hair in these pictures - it's so thick! No wonder I was so floored by it when I first saw her. It's not nearly that thick anymore. I wonder if that means it's falling out? Will she lose it all? Will it grow back blonde?

2 comments:

laurafingerson said...

Wow, that is one serious ambulance! Grownups get teeny tiny ambulances compared to this one! Yah, looking at the photo of Silje and Stian in the previous post is very different than looking at the photo of her by the transport team. Simply amazing.

(And I think babies do lose some of their birth hair normally, right? For all we know, Stian and my girls lost some of their hair but we didn't notice because they were already so bald!)

Grandma Loftus said...

I remember that day and the team who who helped Silje as not only being efficient, but as being very compasionate and caring. And I remember how hard it was for me to leave you to go get Stian from day care.
Anyway, you lost your dark hair and it came back blonde - so I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Silje did the same. It took a long time before the new hair came in as I recall.