Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Some pictures

I haven't had much of a chance to update this lately. Silje has decided that she no longer naps, and she doesn't go to bed until fairly late at night. I'm not sure how she functions on so little sleep. For the most part she is still a pretty happy baby though, so I'm not too worried about it. But it does mean that my time on the computer is limited. She's still asleep this morning, so I thought I'd take a minute to put these pictures up and make the grandmas happy.

A cute picture of Silje from the other day:



A wacky sunset:



And then my futile attempt to get a decent picture of the three of them last night. Stian's new favorite stalling technique for bedtime is to pay attention to his sister. He more or less ignores her the rest of the time they are together, but at bedtime, when he's supposed to be doing something else, she suddenly becomes fascinating. He'll talk to her, and touch her, and look at her. Of course we sort of indulge him because we do want him to have some interest in her, so his stalling technique works. Last night after I was done reading him stories, and it was time to go upstairs and get in his jammies and brush his teeth, he crawled up into the chair with Daddy for a little bit instead.











That's my goof ball boy. Oh, and those are Kris's glasses, Stian thinks it's pretty fun to play with them. They are just drug store cheaters, so Kris isn't too terribly worried about him destroying them.

2 comments:

kevin and dawn said...

That is one clever kid to stall by paying attention to his sister!

laurafingerson said...

The second one of Kris, Stian, and Silje is my favorite. Too funny!

Yet one more problem with having smart kids. They learn the most effective ways to stall!