Friday, January 7, 2011

Let the potty training begin!

Wish us luck. I think we're going to need it. The potty training begins in earnest tomorrow. I'm a little scared. I think Stian is going to be resistant. He hates change. And he's not particularly interested in being a "big kid." But we've been mentally preparing him for it for awhile. And I think if we waited around for him to declare he was ready, he'd be 16.

I don't know if you ever noticed, but Stian is a big kid. He doesn't fit into the trainers I can buy at the store. So I had to make him a bunch of pairs. I'm rather proud of them as sewing machines and I do not get along. It took a lot of time and patience. I'm lucky I didn't end up institutionalized in some way - either in prison from going on a murderous rampage or a mental ward from losing my mind. But aren't they cute? The fabric store had a very small and sad selection of knit fabrics, but fortunately my mom still had some cute prints left over from when she tried her hand at making Stian diapers.

2 comments:

Grandma Loftus said...

Good luck!! You can do it!! The pants are adorable and he should love wearing them. Keep us posted.

Carol Rickenbrode said...

It will work, Jeni. Just be patient.
The trainers are so cute and you did such a good job on them!