Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Wisconsin Christmas Part 2

Finally Wayne and Nate got there! We opened family Christmas presents that afternoon to spread things out a little bit.

Here Nate is looking through a book my brother bought him. Apparently it's about a little boy who dies when he is eaten by a lion. My brother has strange taste in books. Although Nate seemed to like it just fine, I did not read it to my very soft-hearted Stian - he would have been traumatized!





Stian gets a matching game!







Stian and Nate got matching fire rescue trucks, boats and helicopters.





While very cool, and the boys liked them a lot, they were a pain in the butt to assemble. Here Wayne demonstrates how we were both feeling while trying to get all of those tiny pieces together. Crazy German toy designers.





Although they look sympathetic, I'm pretty sure my parents were laughing heartily on the inside.





Wayne got Stian a much more tame book about a monster who is a lousy monster, but turns out to be a good friend. Much more Stian's speed.



And here Wayne, Mom and I are pretending to be in a heated arguement over Christmas dinner, while Dad, Stian and Nate look on like we're nuts.

No comments: