Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cutest Little Feeding Tube EVER!

OK, so we need a picture for the day. I wasn't going to put one up because things hadn't changed that much. But, alas, a few minutes ago I decided that things HAD changed a bit.

Silje's night nurse last night decided it would be "Spa Day." Silje had had such a rough hair day yesterday with EEG hair, so the nurse washed her hair, did it up with her little gauze bow. While she was working her hair, the nurse decided maybe a little Mohawk would be the way to go.



And she put little, cute pink booties on her




If you look at the first picture, you can see the green tube going into her nose. That tube is feeding her Jeni's milk. 10ml over five hours. Sounds very comforting, doesn't it? Well, it's a start.

11 comments:

aprekos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Cousin Klebo thinks her little Mohawk is "CUTE!" :)

Anonymous said...

YAY for mommy milk! Take it one day a time. ~ Mandi FK

Dana said...

She is wonderful and cute. Just think how strong she is for such a tiny girl!

Carol Rickenbrode said...

Happy first week Birthday, Silje!
You are so loved!

laurafingerson said...

Awesome new blog design! :). Very cheery. Too cute about the handy night nurse and the spa treatments. What a good day! Most excellent about the progress to "nose nursing".

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing. I just read from the beginning and I held my breath through the entire surgery part. What a lucky little girl to have great parents and all the prayers and positive energy coming her way. My friend's 9 month old baby had heart surgery and we get to tossle him around and play with him as you would any other 9 month old!!! I look forward to that day for your family. It can't come soon enough, I know!!! Good luck and stay strong.
Holli (Karin's friend)

Darrell said...

Still praying from our part of the world from North Carolina. All the progress sounds great!! I agree - YAY for mommy milk!! That is a wonderful step!! :)

Amber said...

I'm so glad she's getting mommy milk now! That's got to help. There's a reason they use it to treat cancer patients, right? And the bow and faux-hawk are ridiculously cute. I'm so glad the nurses are taking such great care of her.

Jamie said...

She is so adorable and seems very well taken care of. I, too, am glad that she is now getting Jeni's milk. I hope the days to come are filled with less tubes and more mohawks. :)

Anonymous said...

God bless those nurses and you guys for all that you've been through. She sure is a fighter- does her big brother know what he's in for??? Thanks for the updates- I'll keep you all in my prayers.
Shannon Tajc