Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Quiet Day

We had a pretty quiet day today. They are increasing her food amount, they will do a follow-up echo cardiogram in a week, the MRI will be done just before she is discharged. Today was more learning to drink from the bottle, learning to breast feed and basically getting stronger and healthier. Silje is doing all of these things like a champ. We sat and held her for a long time today--while the radio was doing its '80's Weekend.

Oh, and I got to give Silje a bath today. The nurse helped me out by telling me what to do, but I did all of the bathing--including the hair washing. There were parts of the bath that Silje did not like, but the hair washing was quite relaxing; even if the hair brushing was not...





You will note that my phone lacks a bit in the picture-taking arena.

In any event, after the bath, 15 ml by bottle and being awake for nearly two hours, it was time to drop off for a little snooze again.



6 comments:

leanne2skjervold@comcast.net said...

She's still the cutest little bundle.
David and Leanne

Amber said...

Thank goodness for a nice, quiet day. I'm so, so happy that things are all going well now.

Auntie Karin said...

I just want to hug and smooch her!! :)
She is just too cute!

Jamie said...

Amazing! she is so precious. I am so happy to hear that she is getting some breast time too. She is going to be nursing for every feeding pretty soon.

Barbara said...

I have to say, I recognize some of those facial expressions, Kris. :-) I'm glad for your quiet day. Here's to many more!

Anonymous said...

I can tell who her daddy is!

Elise